Dry Guarded Hotplate
The GHP-8.2 and GHP-10.5 guarded hotplates are cost effective instruments designed to measure the thermal resistance of fabrics in accordance with ASTM D1518 and other standards.
Accurate measurements of temperature and plate heat flux are used to calculate steady-state thermal resistance for textile samples or insulation batting. A fabric mesh hood provides uniform ambient conditions without the need for an environmental chamber.
- Guarded hotplate with lateral and lower thermal guards
- Standard fabric mesh hood meets ASTM D1518 test requirements
- Optional stainless steel airflow hood adds ISO 11092 (dry) testing capability
- System includes ThermDAC automatic control and data logging system
- Two ambient temperature probes included
- Optional RH sensor (included with airflow hood upgrade)
- GHP-8.2: 8" test plate with 2" guard, GHP-10.5: 10" test plate with 5" guard
The standard system includes hotplate with lateral and lower thermal guards, fabric hood and PC computer with our ThermDAC automatic control and data logging system.