8I3M: The deadline for Abstract Submissions has been extended to March 15th
The 8th International Meeting for Manikins and Modeling (8I3M) is the primary forum for international experts on the science of human thermal comfort to present and discuss current and future challenges, opportunities, and the requirements of next-generation protective clothing, high-performance sport apparel, and environmental comfort research.
Visit the official 8I3M website for the conference schedule, registration forms, research paper submission forms, information on lodging at Victoria's luxurious Hotel Grand Pacific, and upcoming conference deadlines. Don't miss this opportunity to be a part of the year's most important venue for the advancement of human thermal comfort research.
Abstracts and papers are invited on a broad spectrum of topics, including:
- Thermal manikin applications including aerospace, automotive, clothing, commercial, industrial and military
- Human thermal physiology and mathematical models
- New or updated manikin, modeling and testing standards
- Thermal manikin developments, including breathing, sweating, and walking systems
- Environmental comfort research and human interaction
- Flame and Chemical exposure tests
- Body part manikins
- Virtual manikins
- Validation / Correlation studies
Authors are invited to submit research abstracts (300 to 500 words in length) for consideration at 8I3M. Abstracts should be submitted as soon as possible.
A sampling of those received to-date include:
- Evaporative Resistance and Thermal Insulation of Clothing under Different Posture Positions
- Numerical Simulation Study on the Heat Loss from a Thermal Foot Manikin
- Protective Clothing Design Effects on Ensemble Biophysics and Predicted Human Thermal Responses
- Using Operational Models to Predict Performance of New Concepts in (CBRN) Personal Protective Systems